Here at Stoke Bishop Dental Centre we take complains very seriously, and try to ensure that all clients are pleased with their experience of our service. If a client feels the need to make a complaint, they are dealt with courteously and promptly, so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. Our aim is to react to complaints in the way that we would want our complaints to be handled. We aim to improve from every comment made by clients regarding their concerns in a caring and sensitive manner.
The person(s) responsible for deal with complaints are:
First Point of Contact: Tasha Pascal – Practice Manager
- If a client makes a verbal complaint, we will listen to his or her complaint and offer to refer them to Tasha Pascal immediately.
- If they are not available at the time, the client will be told when they will be available to talk to, or offered the opportunity to speak to their dentist. Alternatively, arrangements will be made for either Tasha Pascal or Danielle Morrish to call them back as soon as possible.
- Details will be taken of the complaint, and passed onto the appropriate person(s).
- If a client complains in writing this will be passed onto Tasha Pascal or Danielle Morrish.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the client does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the client’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of the Code of Practice, we aim to do this within 10 days.
- We will contact the client with a decision about the complaint in writing to the client, as soon as the investigation has been completed.
- Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of any complaints received.
- If clients are not satisfied with the results of our procedure, then a complaint can be made.
The General Dental Council 37 Wimpole Street London W1G 8DQ British Dental Health Foundations’ word of mouth advice line: 01788 539780 The Dental Complaints Service (regarding private treatment): 0208 2530800.